[Openstack] cinder and EMC VNX storage

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 09:03:00 UTC 2014

Thanks Xin,i will try for a separate license for snapshot and see how it
goes.

Can you help me understand this better.

in my existing cinder volume which is a single server that act as iscsi
target , i use LVM in qcow2 disk format and it has thin provisioning and
snapshot capability.

With VNX as backend what format does it use.Can it create disks as qcow2
format and uses its capability rather than using VNX 's native thin
provisioning and snapshot feature.

Long back if i remember correctly with vmware vmdk on hp 3par array  there
was performance degradation with two layers of thing provisioning ie vmdk
thin provisioning over 3par thin provisioning.

Thanks for your help