[Openstack] Fwd: Ironic configuration for Baremetal

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 13 08:20:10 UTC 2014

That guide is self-sufficient to follow, just installation and
configuration. However, I do agree that installing openstack service by
service can be a little clumsy. If you have decided to go with devstack,
I would say, start with neutron setup. Devstack guide is targeted to
work only with VMs. In the baremetal installation guide there is a
section named "Configuring neutron" IIRC, go through that, set up your
neutron and DHCP so that you can talk to physical server. After that
check if your node supports pxe and tftp. Should be a smooth road ahead
of that!