[Openstack] Network node (neutron) , I have only two interface in my machine. How will i configure External interface?

Ageeleshwar Kandavelu Ageeleshwar.Kandavelu at csscorp.com
Mon May 12 10:06:50 UTC 2014

option 1
bridge all traffic from br-ex and br-eth1 to one physical interface eth1

eth0 -- Internal network

br-eth1  -- Data network(physnet1 may be)

br-ex -- External network

in addition to the above add br-proxy

ovs-vsctl add-br br-proxy
ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy eth1
ip link set eth1 up
ip link set eth1 promisc on
ip link add eth1-br-proxy type veth peer name proxy-br-eth1 #(see google for what is veth pair if you do not know already)
ip link add ex-br-proxy type veth peer name proxy-br-ex
ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy proxy-br-eth1
ovs-vsctl add-port b-proxy proxy-br-ex
ovs-vsctl add-port br-eth1 eth1-br-proxy
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex ex- br-proxy

option 2

add eth0 to br-ex
assign eth0's ip address to br-ex instead . This interface will act as your internal network interface as well as a interface for external network.

eth1 you can use as usual and add them to br-eth1

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K

I have only two interface in my machine.

How will i configure External interface?

Do a need to add another network card?

Shall i configure network node alone in VM instance.

Regards,
Dhanesh.
http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php