[Openstack] [Neutron] Single network with multiple segments (and subnets restricted to segments)

Joe Harrison joehazzers at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:33:54 UTC 2014

I'm trying to implement a user-transparent network using VLANS.

The current network is segmented into /24 blocks of addresses, each on
their own VLAN, for example:

- VLAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24
- VLAN 2: 192.168.0.0/24

These VLANs are available to all hypervisors, but my question is as follows:

How do I make these two networks appear as the same network
transparently to end users?

and

Is there any way to restrict subnets to network segments?

and

Is there any way to impose port quotas on network segments?

Thanks,
Joe