[Openstack] Multiple fixed IPs

sylecn sylecn at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:12:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Matej <matej at tam.si> wrote:

> Hi Yuanle,
>
> thanks for this very useful information. I have tried to update the
> existing port and was getting
> Duplicated options --fixed-ip
> subnet_id=2d30ade0-5713-4857-b610-9ab29453ab92 --fixed-ip
> subnet_id=2d30ade0-5713-4857-b610-9ab29453ab92
> But I was able to use port-create successfully. Is there a way to change a
> port ID of a running instance in nova? Since my instance is running and I
> don't want to terminate it and boot it again. Or can I use this --nic
> port_id parameter just when creating a new instance with nova boot ....?

I haven't used port-update for anything other than updating name and
security-group. I think port-update IP address on a running instance's port
is very adventurous. You can try using the neutron API instead of the
neutron command line. You could also try nova interface-attach and
interface-detach. They may do the Right Thing. I'm not sure.

--

*YY Inc. is hiring openstack and python developers. Interested? Check
http://www.nsbeta.info/jobs <http://www.nsbeta.info/jobs>*

Yuanle