[Openstack] Multiple fixed IPs

sylecn sylecn at gmail.com
Tue May 6 02:12:17 UTC 2014

> However, I would like to set-up more than one public IP to the instance. I
> set up an IP address for interface (for example eth0:0) in the virtual
> instance, but the traffic doesn't go past Neutron.

Hi Matej,

Bind additional IP on eth0:0 would not work because OVS does not route
traffic for that IP.

You may create a port with two public IP addresses first, then boot a
instance with that port.

Specifically,

neutron port-create --fixed-ip subnet_id=<your-public-subnet-id> --fixed-ip
subnet_id=<your-public-subnet-id> --security-group <sgid> public-net

nova boot --nic port-id=<port-uuid> ...

Note, however, dhclient will only config one IP address on eth0, so you
still have to config eth0:0 yourself in the VM.

--

*YY Inc. is hiring openstack and python developers. Interested? Check
http://www.nsbeta.info/jobs <http://www.nsbeta.info/jobs>*

Yuanle