[Openstack] Getting Havana to work with Neutron, ML2 and VXLAN (vif_type=binding_failed error)

Robert Kukura kukura at noironetworks.com
Mon Mar 31 01:10:51 UTC 2014

On 3/27/14, 7:15 PM, Tom Verdaat wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I checked that. Followed these instructions
> <https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/6695/ml2-neutron-plugin-installation-and-configuration/?answer=7259#post-id-7259>
> too. Using the vxlan typedriver and openvswitch mechanism driver.
> Agents are up on both the networking node and compute node.
>
> Pasted the agent information and configuration files below. vm-1 is
> the networking node, mv-4 the compute node. Tried configuring a public
> network for floating IP's but I get the same problem with a simple
> internal tenant network.
>
> Any idea why it won't work?
If you run "nova service-list" as admin, do you see the nova-compute
services with the exact same host IDs ("vm-1" and "vm-4") as the L2 agents?

Also, not sure if this is related, but I noticed that l2_population is
True on vm-1, and False on vm-4. Both these should be True if the
l2population mechanism driver is enabled on the server, and False otherwise.

-Bob