[Openstack] project for contribution

Andrew Chul andymitrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:03:31 UTC 2014

Hello, Jay,
thank you very much for detailed explanation. Well, primarily, I'm web
developer and areas of my interests is in web and databases range (as
I understood, these are Horizon and Trove). But, since I want to take
part in Open Source development, I'm ready to learn and become more
familiar with other areas, such as virtualisation and resource
scheduling.

> On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 10:03 +0400, Andrew Chul wrote:
>> Hello, guys. I'm Python developer and I guess that I can help
>> OpenStack to develop, but I don't know what project to choose. Can
>> anybody help me?
>
> Welcome to the OpenStack community, Andrew!
>
> As you may have noticed, there's a large number of Python projects in
> the OpenStack ecosystem. I'm sure many of the projects would be happy to
> have a new contributor.
>
> Depending on your experience level with Python and your areas of
> interest, different projects would make more sense. Are you interested
> in computing (virtualization, resource scheduling, any particular
> hypervisor)? Perhaps networking-related areas, like software-defined
> networking, load balancing or VPN solutions? Maybe you are interested in
> storage -- either block storage or object storage? What about
> orchestration or metrics collection and analysis? There's Python
> projects that cover all of the above topics and more. It's up to you to
> let us know where your interests lie and then we can help direct you a
> bit.
>
> I would advise hopping onto IRC (Freenode, #openstack-dev channel) and
> chatting with folks there. Each project usually has its own channel
> (e.g. #openstack-nova) where the core contributors of the project hang
> out. Some of those folks can help you answer more specific questions you
> might have and direct you to things like low-hanging-fruit tagged bugs
> that might be an easy way for you to get started coding in OpenStack.
>
> All the best,
> -jay

Best regards, Andrew Chul.