[Openstack] Ceilometer: alarm not generating

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 16:28:28 UTC 2014

Also try selecting for CPU<95% and apply no load; this will tell you
whether the problem is about getting any data/evaluations/notifications at
all or something else.

Regards,
Mike

From:   Bill Arnold/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
To:     <openstack at lists.openstack.org>,
Date:   03/18/2014 12:17 PM
Subject:        Re: [Openstack] Ceilometer:  alarm not generating

Do you mean to use the cpu meter not cpu_util?
Also, there is no filtering so the statistics query done by the alarm
evaluator would return information for all vms.
Try (roughly)
ceilometer statistics -m cpu --period 60

-Bill Arnold
---03/18/2014 03:24:34 AM---Hello All, I have configured Havana set up on
Ubuntu 12.04 with Ceilometer.