[Openstack] UX Content in OpenStack Upstream Training?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Mar 18 03:02:13 UTC 2014

On 03/06/2014 07:47 AM, Jacki Bauer wrote:
> I was looking at the Upstream Training
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Training/Info) and
> I'm wondering how much of the content is directed at people who want to
> or are currently contributing user experience work - whether that is API
> design, UI design, user research and requirements development? Is it
> worthwhile for these people to attend? And if not, if this content
> doesn't exist yet, how might we get it included in the future?

Upstream Training in Atlanta is the first attempt from the Foundation to
orient new contributors to OpenStack and make their experience more
rewarding. While the current effort is targeted mostly at developers
(people who need to use git and gerrit every day), I don't exclude that
the program may add new targets later or expand its scope.

Given the large amount of interest generated by this first edition, I'm
sure there will be lots of improving iterations.

Regards,
Stef