[Openstack] UX Content in OpenStack Upstream Training?

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 16:48:53 UTC 2014

On 06/03/14 16:15, Debojyoti Dutta wrote:
> I think this is a valid point and we should do something in the UX space.
> 1.5yrs ago, we wanted to explore UX issues and wrote a tool called
> Curvature and did some UX experiments - will dig up our draft paper and
> post. For now the demo is at
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/portland-2013/session-videos/presentation/interactive-visual-orchestration-with-curvature-and-donabe....
> we open sourced our "app" written in rails and one of the interns
> contributed a bunch of stuff into Horizon.
> https://github.com/CiscoSystems/curvature
>
> I am up for a UX working group.

Hi Debo,

It's really cool to see people interested in helping out with UX issues!
There's actually a few people working on UX problems in the community,
Jacki's initial email made it apparent that they're not easy to find at
the moment. Liz updated the How To Contribute [1] page in order to help
fix this, I hope that you'll be able to join the team and help with
existing or new initiatives. Many thanks!

Julie

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HowToContribute#If_you.27re_a_designer_or_usability_professional.2C_help_shape_the_UX