[Openstack] [Horizon] external network should not be mapped

Heiko Krämer hkraemer at anynines.com
Mon Mar 10 09:02:23 UTC 2014

Hi Akihiro,

yes you'r absolutely right but i needed to shared this network for
visibility for all. This is a requirement for such clients to
communicate with the API because they need a network ID for public net.
Such clients checks if the id exists but doesn't if the pub net isn't
shared.

In addition if my external network is no marked as shared, sometimes (i
think if the cache of horizon will refreshed) a Cloud member can't
associate via Horizon new floating ip's because there is no public
network present.

So i think some operators have other examples if they have production
systems and the question still exists, why should we not filter all
external_network:True of the instance launch form ?

Cheers and thanks
Heiko