[Openstack] UX Content in OpenStack Upstream Training?

Debojyoti Dutta ddutta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:15:47 UTC 2014

I think this is a valid point and we should do something in the UX space.
1.5yrs ago, we wanted to explore UX issues and wrote a tool called
Curvature and did some UX experiments - will dig up our draft paper and
post. For now the demo is at
https://www.openstack.org/summit/portland-2013/session-videos/presentation/interactive-visual-orchestration-with-curvature-and-donabe....
we open sourced our "app" written in rails and one of the interns
contributed a bunch of stuff into Horizon.
https://github.com/CiscoSystems/curvature

I am up for a UX working group.

debo

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Jacki Bauer <jacki.bauer at rackspace.com>wrote:

>  Hello,
> I was looking at the Upstream Training (
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Training/Info) and I'm
> wondering how much of the content is directed at people who want to or are
> currently contributing user experience work - whether that is API design,
> UI design, user research and requirements development? Is it worthwhile for
> these people to attend? And if not, if this content doesn't exist yet, how
> might we get it included in the future?
>
>  Being new to OpenStack, there's an obvious need for UX and design work,
> but the number of contributors is small and it is quite difficult to get
> started because the process isn't well defined.
>
>  Thanks
>  -Jacki

-Debo~