[Openstack] [openstack][nova] Compute node update interval

Kai Brennenstuhl kai.brennenstuhl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:07:51 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

thanks for your response. I set report_inteval = 20 but still one minute
between the updates of the available resources of my compute nodes (or at
least. in this interval they are written to the database).

n-cpu.log shows;
2014-06-27 06:59:21.051 DEBUG nova.openstack.common.loopingcall [-] Dynamic
looping call sleeping for 20.00 seconds from (pid=8710) _inner
/opt/stack/nova/nova/openstack/common/loopingcall.py:130

but n-cond.log
2014-06-27 07:02:16.421 DEBUG nova.openstack.common.loopingcall [-] Dynamic
looping call sleeping for 60.00 seconds from (pid=8665) _inner
/opt/stack/nova/nova/openstack/common/loopingcall.py:130

I went through nova.conf again but have no idea which parameter I should
change since I tried all which make sense for me (they are listed in my
first mail).

Has anybody an idea how to change the update interval in which free
resource of the compute nodes are written into the database?

Many thanks,

Kai