[Openstack] Glance performance v1 vs v2

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:01:34 UTC 2014

We’ve recently enabled glance v2 API on our glance servers. We’ve noticed it is considerably slower than v1 to do things like glance image-list. (~4 seconds compared to ~1)
Has anyone else experienced this or run any benchmarks comparing the two APIs?

I should note we’re using glance registry for both v1 and v2 requests too.

Also just wondering if people are actually using v2?
For instance from what I can tell you can’t create an image with v2 via the client yet [1]

Cheers,
Sam

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+bug/1302351