[Openstack] IPAM

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Jun 23 18:26:03 UTC 2014

Hi Jeff,

in a nutshell, Neutron has its IPAM logic baked into the main 'db class'.
However, Neutron's IPAM does not manage at all the underlay - it manages
exclusively devices in the 'logical' realm.

There are been discussions in the past concerning Physical appliance
management in Neutron, not just from an IPAM perspective.
However, so far there is not yet anything targeted or proposed for the
upcoming Juno release.

Regards,
Salvatore