[Openstack] _member_ role after keystone installation

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 16:30:52 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adam Young" <ayoung at redhat.com>
> To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
>
> On 06/14/2014 05:59 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:

If I understand correctly, that means that Member will be treated as _member_ is, and automatically added to the user/tenant association right? That would still require updates to DevStack/Tempest as they will continue to explicitly add the role to each user, getting a clash because it's already there (currently they don't get this because Keystone is automatically adding _member_ but they are using Member).

This same problem exists if you simply change DevStack to use _member_ of course so in either case, to eliminate the situation where it's creating two distinct member roles it appears that it's necessary to make some updates to at least DevStack and Tempest. I raised a bug here:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1330132

Thanks,

Steve