[Openstack] Need Help Preping Network for nova-network flat dhcp install

Eric Berg eberg at rubensteintech.com
Tue Jun 10 20:53:43 UTC 2014

I need some help setting up my network before doing an install of RDO
using nova-networking.  I've got 2 hosts -- one is a control and one is
a compute host.  Each has 2 NICs.

It's my understanding that I need to configure the network before doing
the install, but I can't find any good docs on just what I have to do.

My initial install allowed me to create instances that I could get into
and out of via ssh, ping, etc., but when I created a new tenant and a
network for that tenant, the networking stopped working.

I used this command to create the network:

"nova network-create ruby-net --bridge br100 --multi-host T
--fixed-range-v4 192.168.20.0/24"

While I found more documentation for neutron, I'm not finding much for
nova.  I have the following questions:

1) how should I set up my network interfaces on the control and compute
host for a nova-networking installation?
2) where are the docs for installation (including such prep as above),
as well as post-install tenant set-up for this type of network?

Thanks for your consideration.

Eric

--
Eric Berg