[Openstack] Neutron GRE + Flat question

Randy amps at djlab.com
Tue Jun 10 12:17:29 UTC 2014

I've got the 3-node Icehouse/Juno setup using Neutron (ml2/GRE)
networking on Xenserver, like this:

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/basics-networking-neutron.html

Everything works fine with the floating IPs and all...but now I want to
introduce a flat network (with external router) that doesn't require NAT
or floating IPs.   Like this:

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/section_use-cases-mixed.html

Using the flat network, DHCP works but there's no metadata or
connectivity in or out of the VMs.

ACTUAL QUESTION: If we introduce the flat network to the network node on
a dedicated interface, will it tunnel the flat network over GRE to each
compute node?   Or do we need to physically connect and bridge map each
flat network on every compute node separately?

--
~Randy