[Openstack] sending HttpFailureAlarm- connection failed.

Parisa parisa-2.heidari at polymtl.ca
Thu Jun 5 20:25:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have installed Heat on Havana and want to test the HA template:
https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/cfn/F17/WordPress_Single_Instance_With_HA.template

The stack is created successfully. When I kill httpd service inside the
VM, it reboots successfully. The problem is that it is supposed to
escalate and reboot the whole stack after 3 failures but it is not. I
checked the cfn-push-stats.log file and it seems that the notification
cannot be sent to the server.
The heat_watch_server_url=http://192.168.0.11:8003 is defined in
heat.conf file but the port 8003 is not open on the server. I couldn't
find anything about creating an endpoint etc in the documents.

Can anybody help what is missing/wrong?

Thanks,
Parisa