[Openstack] [Neutron]Instances that can connect to host network

prabhuling kalyani prabhu.nk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:50:53 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to launch an instance that can connect to my network.
My neutron setup contains ML2 plugin with ODL integration..
br-int and br-ex are the OVS bridges created.

I now associate my host IP to br-ex and put eth0 to Promisc mode and
add-port eth0 to br-ex.
After this, connection seems to be lost. I cant ping to other host machines
in my lan.

Could you please let me know the steps inorder to be able to configure
instances that can talk to other machines in the host network.

Regards
Prabhu