[Openstack] Horizon panel and database

Lukáš Vízner lukasvizner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:18:58 UTC 2014

Hello,

thanks for reply. Yes I have model for data in the models.py file. I am
able to show empty table in the panel but what I do not know is how the
code of the function "get_data" in the views.py file should look like. When
I try to look to another views.py files I can see that openstack api is
used, but I can not use this api I have my own MySQL database outside
openstack.

I will provide pieces of code for better picture.(for simplicity just for
one attribute)

TABLES.PY
_______________

class BackupTable(tables.DataTable):
    node = tables.Column("node_name",
                                        verbose_name=_("Node Name"))
class Meta:
        name = "backup"
        verbose_name = _("Backup")

MODELS.PY
_______________

class Tsm_nodes(models.Model):
    node_name = models.CharField(max_length=30)

VIEWS.PY
_______________

class BackupIndexView(tables.DataTableView):
    table_class = project_tables.BackupTable
    template_name = 'admin/backup/index.html'

    def get_data(self):
        backup=[]
        ???what here???
        return backup

MySQL TABLE
_______________

mysql> show columns from nodes;
+------------------+----------------+--------+-----+-----------+----------------+
| Field            | Type         |  Null  | Key| Default |    Extra    |
+------------------+----------------+--------+-----+-----------+----------------+
| node_name  | varchar(30) | YES |       | NULL   |                |
+------------------+----------------+--------+-----+-----------+----------------+

Thanks much for help !!!!

Lukas

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 05:36:07PM +0200, Lukáš Vízner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have specific task that I need to create a new panel in horizon
> > dashboard. In this panel I need to create table and in this table I need
> > show data from my specific database table.
> >
> > I have created the new panel and table, I have prepared my database
> table,
> > but now I donť know how to work with it all to connect to my database,
> read
> > data from the database table and show it in the horizon table, because in
> > the example files from others panels is openstack api used. I would need
> > read data directly from the database. Is this possible? What steps
> should I
> > follow now ?
> >
> > Could anybody help me to solve this issue?
> >
> Do you have a model for you data used? The Django docs are quite good at
> this point[1].
>
> HTH, Matthias
>

> [1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.6/topics/db/queries/
> --