[Openstack] Export tenant configuration

Nick Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 08:25:24 UTC 2014

On 1/23/2014 1:32 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> If you use Heat to manage your resources you already have this. Just
> deploy your stack again. There is work landing now which will allow
> Heat to adopt existing resources. So that would be a good format to
> use as the serialization of all the things in your cloud. Then you
> just need a tool that lists out everything and saves in the format.
> That would be quite useful to help drive Heat adoption I think. :)

That sounds great! I'm not familiar with Heat. So, do you mean that if I
deploy my OpenStack cluster via Heat (like TripleO?), Heat will take
care of all the configurations including the database schema and its
contents. I just need to export what I want via  Heat and then import
them(conf files, database contents, keystone backend data...) in the new
deployment (maybe upgrade). Heat also takes care of database upgrade or
migration, right?

Please correct me if there's some misunderstanding.

--

Nick Ma
skywalker.nick at gmail.com