[Openstack] [metering][ceilometer] Ceilometer cannot poll and pubulish floatingip samples

刘胜 liusheng1175 at 126.com
Wed Jan 22 02:49:11 UTC 2014

Hi all:
A few weeks ago, I reported a bug about ceilometer polling floatingip:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1262124

I thought it is a bug of ceilometer at first, but  actually, It is better to modify in nova.

Followed by the bug description, if a tenant with admin role,we can use this tenant to list other tenant's resources,like: nova net-list, nova image-list,or we can do this with a parameter specified,like:nova list --all-tenants.
But,when we list floatingips by nova API, nova will call neutron api(if we configured neutron as network) to list foatingips filtered by tenant id of current context.
the code flow is:

-->nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.floating_ips.FloatingIPController#index
-->nova.network.neutronv2.api.API#get_floating_ips_by_project
-->        fips = client.list_floatingips(tenant_id=project_id)['floatingips']

I am not sure if I can fix this but by changing nova API.Maybe the nova API should list all tenants floatingips?

Anyone have good idea?

Best Regards
liusheng