[Openstack] CentOS Network Create problem

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 16 01:52:17 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 05:36 PM, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
> Thx, for the suggestions!
>
> So if I use FlatManager how can I create the network correct in order
> for the instance to get an IP from a DHCP Server that I am running??? Is
> the following correct and sufficient??

> nova network-create vmnet --fixed-range-v4=X.X.X.128/25
> --bridge-interface=br100 --multi-host=T

That's what I have. It's a little silly because in that mode nova
doesn't actually use any of the ips except to show them in the
dashboard. (More accurately, it doesn't insert any cloud config into the
instances, things like resizing instance's root disk to fit the flavor
specs don't work and you have to mount swap from rc.local...)

You can do
 nova boot ... --nic net-id=ID_OF_VMNET_ABOVE,v4-fixed-ip=X.X.X.209

> I understand that I have to change these two lines that you suggest on
> the nova.conf file and then probably reboot the machine. Should I change
> it at both the CONTROLLER and the COMPUTE nodes or just in one of them
> and which???

I believe wherever you run nova daemons: openstack-nova-api,
openstack-nova-network, etc.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin