[Openstack] CentOS Network Create problem

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 15 22:29:51 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 03:18 PM, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
> Dear Dimitri and all,
>  do you define the static IP for br100 somewhere or not???

Yes, in my case it's in
/etc/sysconfig/[network-scripts,networking/devices,networking/profiles/default]/ifcfg-br100
(it's the same file hardlinked from 3 places). (I am not sure if that's
the "proper redhat-6 way" of doing this, my configs got copied from
centos 5.) The same way you have it:

> # cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br100
> IPADDR=X.X.X.210

> I can ping the X.X.X.210 but that is because the br100 has static IP
> X.X.X.210 and if I flush the iptables I can login to the already
> available node and NOT at the CirrOS instance that should have the
> X.X.X.210 IP.

Ah, OK. No, the instance should not have the .210 ip. If you're using
the default network manager (Flat+DHCP) you should define the 10.0.0.0
network, restart it all and then log on to your cirros instance via vnc
and see what ifconfig -a says. It should have an ip in 10.0.0.x range,
then you can continue troubleshooting from there.

If you want your instances to be in the same X.X.X.X subnet as the
br100, you'll need in your nova.conf
 network_manager = nova.network.manager.FlatManager
 firewall_driver = nova.virt.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver
and then restart it all, then log on to your cirros instance via vnc and
give it a fixed ip -- not .210 -- or if you have a dhcp server on the
X.X.X.X subnet the instance should get its ip from there.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin