[Openstack] [Nova][Neutron] fixed-ip mappings 'lost' after havana upgrade

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Wed Jan 15 19:51:36 UTC 2014

further  once I determine what port a troubled instance is using  I
can fix it with:

neutron port-update <port-id> --device-id=''
nova interface-attach --port-id <port-id> <instance-id>

I don't want to do this for all ports and most are OK but there are
about 100 in the working but invisible state. I could iterate through
all active ports and for each look up if the device-id is and nova
instance and if that instace reports correctly or not then fix it if
need, but there must be a *much* simpler way to do this directly in
the database.

-Jon