[Openstack] [Nova][Neutron] fixed-ip mappings 'lost' after havana upgrade

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Wed Jan 15 15:08:12 UTC 2014

How does the nova api map fixed-ips from neutron to running instances?
 I've been poking around the nova database but cant seem to guess
where it is.

My issue is that after upgrading to Havana *some* instances no longer
show their network and fixed-ip in the output of 'nova' cli commands
or in the horizon dashboard, though others do show up properly.

The neutron ports still exist as shown in neutron ports-list.  The
instances also still have network and function properly, but it's
difficult for my users to pragmatically determine what IP their system
has.

I suspect if I knew what to mangle I could just iterate through the
existing neutron ports (which correctly show the instance uuid they
are associated with) and stuff the relation in the right place
somewhere else and all would be well.  If someone could point me in
the right direction I'd be much obliged.

Thanks,
-Jon