[Openstack] [Neutron] LBaaS not working after Grizzly -> Havana update (DB error)

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Sun Jan 12 22:46:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

neutron-lbass-agent is failing with:

neutron.service OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1054, "Unknown
column 'pools.status_description' in 'field list'") 'SELECT
pools.tenant_id AS pools_tenant_id, pools.id AS pools_id, pools.status
AS pools_status, pools.status_description AS pools_status_description,
pools.vip_id AS pools_vip_id, pools.name AS pools_name,
pools.description AS pools_description, pools.subnet_id AS
pools_subnet_id, pools.protocol AS pools_protocol, pools.lb_method AS
pools_lb_method, pools.admin_state_up AS pools_admin_state_up,
providerresourceassociations_1.provider_name AS
providerresourceassociations_1_provider_name,
providerresourceassociations_1.resource_id AS
providerresourceassociations_1_resource_id \nFROM pools LEFT OUTER
JOIN providerresourceassociations AS providerresourceassociations_1 ON
pools.id = providerresourceassociations_1.resource_id' ()

If I run the query by hand without the offending
pools.status_description column it works.

This may indicate something went wrong with the database migration,
but as the "pools" table didn't exist in Grizzly and Havana neutron is
otherwise working it may also be a bug in the lbaas agent.

shall I just modify the table to have that column and go on with my
life, or is this likely a deeper issue?

Thanks,
-Jon