[Openstack] Neutron l3 hardware router integration

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Sat Jan 11 17:10:04 UTC 2014

Hi Robert,

I can only confirm that no plugin beyond the one you mentioned is currently
available for Neutron.
There is perhaps a proposal from vArmour for a l3 plugin implementation,
but nothing merged so far.

For your question on effort, it is impossible to say whether it's a matter
of days or months.
Technically from the Neutron perspective you just need to implement the
base L3 plugin class; how hard this would be depends on a number of factors.
The most important one is the backend you are planning to configure and how
it interacts with the 'core' neutron plugin. For instance, in order to work
with the OVS plugin, it should support GRE tunnel termination on router
interfaces.

Regards,
Salvatore

On 8 January 2014 11:39, Robert van Leeuwen <Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com