[Openstack] Neutron l3 hardware router integration

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Wed Jan 8 10:39:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are looking for a hardware router solution for integrating the Neutron l3 functionality (routing + floating IPs).
We currently use vlans in our neutron setup.

Are there any hardware based solutions available that have a neutron l3 driver?
In Havana the l3 part has moved to a plugin based solution but I could not find any 3rd party drivers yet.
Drivers I could find seem to be limited to layer 2 networking.

If there is not anything available yet, how much effort would be to create such a driver?
( days/weeks/months of work ?)

Thx,
Robert van Leeuwen