[Openstack] Deploying OpenStack on multiple nodes

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sun Jan 5 19:04:21 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Sayali Lunkad's message of 2013-12-24 04:23:53 -0800:
> Hello,
>
> I need to deploy OpenStack on a distributed system mainly comprising of
> Control, Compute and Network nodes (more if required). I need an
> architecture that would help me to deploy it. I am not sure how things work
> on a multi-node system, so any help would be highly appreciated.
> I will be working on Ubuntu 12.04 OS.

Note that there is an OpenStack program to provide an automated deployment
of OpenStack using OpenStack itself:

Here is a succinct description:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-incubator/deploying.html

If you follow this procedure you will get VMs on your machine that mimic
the way a full deployment will work:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-incubator/devtest.html

We're not quite at a production level yet, but if you're interested in a
fully automated deployment we could definitely use more user input! :)