[Openstack] international standard for object storage architecture

Mark Carlson mark at carlson.net
Wed Jan 1 13:47:52 UTC 2014

Actually CDMI is an international standard now:
http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=60617

But you don't have to buy it from ISO to read or implement it. It is
available free from SNIA as John says:
http://www.snia.org/cdmi

And it is also hosted at http://cdmi.sniacloud.com/

David Slik (co-chair with myself of the SNIA working group) has a great
blog at:
https://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp-blogs/context
where he reports on the increasing adoption of CDMI across the industry.

My own opinion is that customers are looking for stability and
interoperability when they ask for a standard and CDMI gives them that.

-- mark