[Openstack] Image Network+SWAP

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 28 21:04:52 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 01:36 PM, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
> Thx for your suggestion!
>
> I am trying since yesterday to achieve this but unfortunately the
> installer always start in a text-based mode and cannot change the
> partition scheme from there :-(

Weird. Maybe "--noautoconsole" doesn't do what TFM thinks it should do.
You could try virt-manager instead of virt-install.

> If I do it manually do you think that it will work?

You'll have a wasted 2GB (?) in the swap partition on your /dev/vda. If
you want to reclaim it you'll have to delete it and resize /. Other than
that, sure: add the script I posted and you should have 2 swaps. Remove
the existing swap entry from /etc/fstab to get rid of the 2GB.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin