[Openstack] [Heat] AutoScaling and Load balancing

Jon Kon jonkon80 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 27 08:37:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am using Devstack and I want to add a load balancer to the AutoScaling group. I want to autoscale IPsec VPN servers, which works fine. But now, I need a load balancer, which shares out the requests between the VPN servers.
I read the template guide of Heat, but I don't know, how the template has to look like. Furthermore, an IP is needed so that the clients can connect to the VPN servers.

Could someone have a look at my template, please?

And here is my template:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9246455

Thanks in advice,

Johnny