[Openstack] [ceilometer] performance issues

Nick Maslov azpekt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 07:28:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was informed by our QA team, that Ceilometer is currently a single threaded application, so this might impact performance.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1257329

--
Nick Maslov
Sent with Airmail

On February 21, 2014 at 1:54:38 PM, Alexander Stellwag (openstack at stellwag.net) wrote:

Hi Nadya,

On 02/21/2014 12:27 PM, Nadya Privalova wrote:
> I've investigated this question too. Here is a link on mailing thread
> https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org/msg11196.html

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I've already read the thread you're mentioning above but my concern is
not about instance creation but about the ceilometer-calls themselves.

We've seen no negative affect on the creation time for instances (we
haven't specifically looked at that) but simple calls to ceilometer
("meter-list", ...) run into timeouts.

The database itself looks good (performance-wise), it looks as if the
API takes too long to respond but I'm not sure how to debug this further.

Best
Alex