[Openstack] [Swift] Swift versions and release schedule

Shrinand Javadekar shrinand at maginatics.com
Thu Feb 20 18:48:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I know that Swift releases do not necessarily coincide with major
Openstack releases (like Grizzly, Havana, etc.).

1) Does Swift have a fixed release cadence?

2) Also, I see that the current releases are all versioned as 1.XY.
Does this mean that these are minor releases and some major Swift
release will happen sometime soon when the version # will be bumped to
2.0?

We develop software that uses Swift as backend storage. I need to
figure out how many Swift versions we need to keep running tests
against. And whether we need to do something special for major/minor
Swift releases.

Thanks in advance.
-Shri