[Openstack] [Swift] Swift versions and release schedule

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Feb 20 22:09:31 UTC 2014

Swift absolutely and without a doubt participates in OpenStack releases. OpenStack releases on a six-month cadence, and Swift participates in this integrated release (as do all other OpenStack projects).

In between the OpenStack integrated releases, Swift differs from some other OpenStack projects by not doing milestone releases. Instead, Swift releases stable, production-ready versions. All Swift releases use a semantic versioning scheme. Currently we're on 1.12.0 and our next release will be 1.13. We have a release of Swift near the end of the six-month OpenStack cycle that is included in the integrated release. For example, OpenStack Havana included Swift 1.10.

I hope this clears things up.

--John