[Openstack] Neutron and ML2 - adding new network type

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Wed Feb 19 21:47:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thanks for informations. As I wrote on openstack-dev list also, I don't need
new network type with different L2 technology. In fact I'm trying to do
something different (and I know that is not exactly L2). I want to have
external network called for example bgp (it should be similiar to flat network)
but when I assign IP from this network to instance than this IP should be
added to announcing on bgp router (so I don't know arping or something like
that from host).
I think that I can "hack" openvswitch agent which is running on compute host
and add there some code which will be doing that. Maybe You know what exactly
is happend in flat network when I assign IP from this network to instance (what
methods are then running on host and where I should search it)?

--
Best regards
Sławek Kapłoński