[Openstack] Are multiple neutron plugins on a server supported?

nishant kumar nishantkumar_2k at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 07:53:47 UTC 2014

Hi All,

While setting up a neutron plugin (like ovswitch, mellanox etc), we
need to specify plugin name in /etc/neutron/neutron.conf (on the neutron server node) as follows:
core_plugin =neutron.plugins.mlnx.mlnx_plugin.MellanoxEswitchPlugin
My query is:
Is there a way to specify and use multiple plugins at the same time?

Background:
I would like to use two plugins at same time to make use of exclusive
features in NIC cards from 2 vendors. Both cards will be installed on
same compute node.

Thanks,
Nishant