[Openstack] [User-committee] Formulate application developer oriented questions for the user survey

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Feb 11 11:05:04 UTC 2014

Everett Toews wrote:
>> What operating system do you use?
>>
>> 1. Linux
>> 2. MacOSX
>> 3. Windows
>> 4. Emacs
>
> Serious question. Do we really need to still specify the “OS X” part?
>
> When I started developing on a Mac, it was after the switch. To me it’s
> only ever been just “Mac”. I suspect the it’s generally understood that
> “Mac”="Mac OS X” or am I off on that?

Some people run other OS on Mac hardware, so I think precising "OSX" is
necessary (the question is about operating system, not hardware). If
you're afraid some people might not understand that option, maybe
rewriting it as "Mac (OSX)" would be clearer ?

I would rewrite the (4) option as "Other".

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)