[Openstack] [Ceilometer/Telemetry] How to receive events from keystone/identity component ?

MICHON Anthony anthony.michon at eurogiciel.fr
Mon Feb 10 11:43:50 UTC 2014

Hi all

I need to call custom action on receiving event identity.project.updated
sent by keystone.

I began to write a plugin notification agent in ceilometers to listen to
it.

But I figured lately in the following diagram
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/_images/1-Collectorandage
nts.png that keystone would not sending event in the notification bus !

Besides there is no configuration variable on exchange channel to listen
from keystone, only nova, glance, neutron and cinder :

# Exchanges name to listen for notifications (multi valued)

#http_control_exchanges=nova

#http_control_exchanges=glance

#http_control_exchanges=neutron

#http_control_exchanges=cinder

My environnements :

RDO on Centos (qpid based bus)

Devstack on ubuntu (rabbitmq), notice that the process_notification is
never called, even for nova events (instance.*), that's another problem

So my questions :

-          Is keystone definitely out of bus notification with
ceilometers ?

-          Should I use a pollster (and call the identity api) rather ?

-          Or should I adopt another strategy to listen keystone events
?

Thanks.

Anthony