[Openstack] [Ironic] can't boot server after provisioning

Ryo Miki / NTTSOFT miki.ryo at po.ntts.co.jp
Fri Feb 7 08:27:05 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm trying bare-metal provisioning with Ironic, but the server doesn't boot
after 'Booting from Hard Disk...'

I tried:

1. build devstack environment with Ironic
2. setup dhcp and tftp server
3. create virtual bare metal server with libvirt
4. run DIB to create kernel and initramfs (elements are fedora and deploy-ironic)
5. run DIB to create disk image (element is ubuntu)
6. create chassis, node, port for Ironic
7. provisioning with PXEAndSSHDriver
8. cannot boot from hard disk after rebooting <- now

I found that MBR of the server's disk is empty. I'm not sure about this is bug,
not implemented, or my misusage.  Anyone can help me with this?

Regards.

Ryo Miki
NTT Software Corporation
E-Mail : miki.ryo at po.ntts.co.jp