[Openstack] resource_id of host

Claudio Pupparo claudio.pupparo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:13:37 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the resource_id of a host.
When I create an alarm like this:

ceilometer --debug alarm-threshold-create --name cpu_compute1_high
--description 'compute1 running hot'  \
    --meter-name compute.node.cpu.percent  --threshold 70.0
--comparison-operator gt  --statistic avg \
    --period 600 --evaluation-periods 1 \
    --alarm-action 'http://controller:9710/overload' \
    --query resource_id=compute1_compute1

I have to specify the resource_id of the host. This is the combination:
hostname_nodename

I can easily get the first part, the hostname, with
nova host list

I've seen that the nodename in my case is equals to the hostname. Is
this always the case? Or else, where can I get the nodename?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,

Claudio