[Openstack] Failure to start instance due to network

Howard Luckenbaugh hlucken at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 12 18:49:05 UTC 2014

I have an Openstack ENV using Nova.  I tried to create an instance and
in /var/log/nova/compute and network.log  it is failing with
2014-12-12 18:42:49.490 3008 WARNING nova.compute.manager [-] [instance:
0f3ebd88-e7b8-4447-b2f5-6e1375b47e72] Instance failed network setup
(attempt 7 of 11)

I have dnsmasq running. It is giving it an ip however not doing anything
else with it.

 I have the ip in my fixed_ips tables.   So I am not sure if the instance
can't be created because it can't talk to the compute node correctly and
have it assign it cpu and etc or not.

   Howard Luckenbaugh
   Special Events Infrastructure/IBM.com Infrastructure
   T/L-349-5884
   Fax- 1877-210-0298
   hlucken at us.ibm.com
   AIX System  Certified

   Please visit the sites that our team hosts: http://www.ibm.com
   http://www.wimbledon.com  http://www.usopen.org http://www.masters.com
   http://www.austrailianopen.com http://www.usopen.com

   "Vision without Action is just a dream
   Actions without Vision is just passing time
   Vision with Action can change the world"