[Openstack] (Juno) Multiple rings Swift

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Dec 15 18:49:02 UTC 2014

Sounds like you're looking for a global cluster. You don't need multiple rings for this. Swift can support this. When you add a new device to a ring, you add it in a different region, and Swift takes care of it for you.

Here's some more information:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/admin_guide.html#geographically-distributed-clusters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcaTwhP_rPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmBRqevuVU