[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] GPG signatures failed for OpenStack Icehouse EPEL repo

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 23:51:19 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kris G. Lindgren" <klindgren at godaddy.com>
> To: "Edgar Magana" <edgar.magana at workday.com>, openstack at lists.openstack.org, openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
>
> I don’t use the RDO packages – however my guess is you need to verify using
> the rdo-icehouse gpg key:
>
> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/rdo-release/blob/icehouse/RPM-GPG-KEY-RDO-Icehouse
>
> But I am not sure where they keep that key publicly downloadable outside of
> their github repo.

It's in the release RPM you install to add the repository:

    https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-icehouse/rdo-release-icehouse-4.noarch.rpm

> From: Edgar Magana
> <edgar.magana at workday.com<mailto:edgar.magana at workday.com>>
> Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
> To: "openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>"
> <openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>>,
> "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>"
> <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
> Subject: [Openstack-operators] GPG signatures failed for OpenStack Icehouse
> EPEL repo
>
> Hello,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right audience for this question but I would
> like to give it a try and maybe get re-directed to the right one.
>
> I tried verifying GPG signatures on RPMs in the "OpenStack Icehouse EPEL"
> repo
> (http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-icehouse/epel-6 ).
> All of them failed (see below).
>

> This page here says the packages should be verifiable with the EPEL GPG keys:
> http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/yum/content/basics-packages.html

The EPEL packages that statement is referring to (the repository for which is installed by the command that follows) are signed using the EPEL key, the RDO packages are signed using the RDO key.

-Steve