[Openstack] HA(High Availability ) mode - OpenStack

Radek Smigielski radek.smigielski at ymail.com
Mon Aug 25 19:24:39 UTC 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014, 10:04:20, Gowri LN <gowri.ln123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest me where I can get information about how HA is implement is compute node ?
I am guessing, you are looking for HA of the guest VMs, is that correct?
I am afraid OpenStack does not offer HA for guest VM in this moment.

> I know that minimum 3 controllers are required to configure HA mode but my question is,
> if I add more compute nodes as well will my cluster be more stable?
> Are the VM s replicated over compute nodes?

The number 3 is a generic, minimum HA cluster requirement. It helps establish quorum of the cluster. It's always good to have odd number of cluster members.
- Radoslaw Smigielski