[Openstack] HA(High Availability ) mode - OpenStack

Heiko Krämer hkraemer at anynines.com
Mon Aug 25 09:18:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

so if you scale your compute nodes it's not more stable but you have a
better distribution of VM's. So if one compute node goes down it will
not effect a mass of VM's only these VM's they're running on there.

You can use availability zones or aggregates to have a better
distribution of your VM's.
In addition you should use a shared storage to storage the compute
base images like root disc and ephemeral disc to use live migration
and host evacute.

Cheers
Heiko

On 25.08.2014 10:43, Gowri LN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest me where I can get information about how HA is
> implement is compute node ? I know that minimum 3 controllers are
> required to configure HA mode but my question is, if I add more
> compute nodes as well will my cluster be more stable? Are the VM s
> replicated over compute nodes?
>
> Can anyone provide information on this?
>

> I am quite new to OpenStack and to mailing list. Any help is
> appreciated . Thank you,

- --
Anynines.com

B.Sc. Informatik
CIO
Heiko Krämer

Twitter: @anynines

- - ----
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Faißt, Dipl.-Inf.(FH) Julian Fischer
Handelsregister: AG Saarbrücken HRB 17413, Ust-IdNr.: DE262633168
Sitz: Saarbrücken
Avarteq GmbH