[Openstack] Hot and Cold migrations between zones or regions

Pieter Koorts pieter.koorts at me.com
Mon Aug 18 09:25:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been searching for some time and nothing conclusive found yet so posting my question to lists.

I understand that OpenStack can be split into availability zones and then regions so for example sake a zone is different data-hall's or racks within the same data centre and a region is another country or data centre.

Is it possible to live migrate a virtual machine from one zone to another?

Same question I suppose could apply to a region but I understand networking could be an issue if the region is a different network?

Thanks

Pieter